How to Deliver Competitive Advantage by Automating Hidden Decisions
It is commonly believed that the computer-based systems most organizations rely on to support their businesses are not very smart. Many of the business decisions these companies make tend to be hidden in systems that make poor decisions, or don’t make them at all. Further, most systems aren’t configured to learn from the past and therefore struggle to keep up with the pace of change. While many organizations believe the answer is to implement newer, “intelligent” systems, the fact is that much of today’s existing technology has the potential to be “smart enough” to make a big difference to an organization’s business. This book describes how various technologies can be combined to make this happen.
James and Neil show how current business trends are forcing organizations to build smarter systems and how these systems can help companies thrive. By focusing on decisions as distinct opportunities for improvement, the book provides unique perspective on how using established technologies in a new way can solve problems and create competitive advantage. The book is full of insightful examples of problems solved by applying Enterprise Decision Management across various industries and it outlines a practical and incremental method for implementing the technology.
All readers will learn:
- How key business trends impact the decision-making process
- Why organizations need systems smart enough to cope with these trends
- How decision automation can make their systems smart enough
- How to translate decisions into a corporate asset and competitive advantage
- The ROI and business impact of better decisions and smarter systems
- The core concepts and technologies needed and how they work together
- A step-by-step approach to introduce this approach and analysis of the ROI generated at every stage
- How this approach impacts and enhances modern IT architecture